November 16, 2016
- “State of our State Conference”, Phoenix, AZ. Sponsored by ASU Morrison Institute for Public Policy.
October 5, 2016
- 16th Annual Anti-Corruption Awards. Sponsored by the NYC Independence Clubs. Manhattan, NY
April 24, 2016
- “Press Conference to Protest NY’s closed Primary – NYC City Hall,” New York, NY. Sponsored by IndependentVoting.org, Open Primaries and the NYC Independence Clubs.
February 6, 2016
- “We the People – A Presidential Primary Tent Convention,” Manchester, NH, Saturday, February 6th at 11:45 am in a segment titled “Voices from the Field: Independents Rising.”
October 2, 2015
- Unscientific and Relational: Psychology’s Other Road. Sponsored by the East Side Institute as part of the Revolutionary Conversation series. With Lois Holzman and Sheila McNamee. Moderated by Jacqueline Salit.
September 24, 2015
- 15th Annual Anti-Corruption Awards. Sponsored by the NYC Independence Clubs.
March 14, 2015
- Partnerships for Independent Power. National Conference of Independents. Sponsored by IndependentVoting.org. Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, New York, NY.
February 24, 2014
- People over Politics: Government and Leadership Conference. Sponsored by USC Schwarzenegger Institute for State and Global Policy. Panelist on “Reforms that Get Government Working for the People”. 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
- KTAR 92.3 fm, “The Think Tank” hosted by Mike ONeil and Mike Russell, 5:00 – 5:30 pm / MT.
- 14th Annual Anti-Corruption Awards, New York, NY. Video here.
September 31, 2013
- Bangor Rotary Club – 12:00 – 1 pm
September 30, 2013
- WZON 620 am, The Pulse, 8:00 – 9:00 am / ET
- Panel discussion from 3:00 – 4:30 pm with independent Bangor City Council member Ben Sprague, attorney and independent candidate for Governor Eliot Cutler, former independent state Senator Jill Goldwaithe and Deputy Chief of Staff for independent Congressman Angus King. “Truly Independent? Independent Voters and Independent Candidates – Who are They and Why Don’t they Identify with the Parties?” will take place at the Husson University, Richard E. Dyke Center of Family Business. Co-sponsored by Bangor League of Women Voters and Bangor Public Library. Video here. Local news coverage here.
- Book signing at Bangor Public Library – 6:30 pm
- Wisconsin Public Radio, “The Kathleen Dunn Show”, 2:00 – 2:30 pm/ ET. Archived here.
July 22, 2013
- Hawaii Public Radio, “Hawaii Conversation”, 2:00 – 3:00 pm / ET
February 28th, 2013
- Fairness Radio with host Patrick O’Heffernan @ 2:30 pm.
January 8th, 2013
- Politics for the People book club hosted by Cathy L. Stewart. National conference call at 8:00 pm.
December 2nd, 2012
- 13th Annual Anti-Corruption Awards, New York, NY
October 27th, 2012
- BBC2 @ 10:00 pm. Family Guys? What Sitcoms Say About America Now.
October 17th, 2012
- Taking the Partisan out of Politics, featuring Jackie Salit and former Congressman Mickey Edwards. 5:00 pm. ASU Cronkite School fo Journalism, Cronkite Theater, 555 N. Central Avenue. Phoenix, AZ. Sponsored by the Morrison Institute of Public Policy. Event is free but RSVP to Elisabeth.S.Smith@asu.edu.
- Saratoga, NY. Book signing sponsored by Barbara Glaser and Paul Zachos at Spring Street Gallery, 7 pm.
September 28th, 2012
- Bringing Culture Change to America: A Conversation with Joan Blades and Jackie Salit, Saturday, September 22, 2012, 3:30 – 5:30 pm, San Francisco State University, 835 Market Street, Rm 675. Sponsored by IndependentVoice.org.
- HuffPost Live with Howard Fineman, Robert Self and Karl Denninger, 11 am. ARCHIVED.
September 10th, 2012
- WURD 900 am, Morning Show with Bill Anderson, 9:00 – 10:0 am, Philadelphia, PA
September 13th, 2012
- University of Pennsyvania bookstore signing. Sponsored by Independent Pennsylvanians. 3601 Walnut Street, 6:00 pm.
- Clemens Report w/ John Clemons, syndicated, (taped – air date TBD)
August 28th, 2012
August 27th, 2012
- Free America Radio with host Steven Maggi, (taped – air date TBD)
- WJBC am 1230 / fm 93.7, The Steve Fast Show, Central Illinois, 10:10 am / ET LISTEN LIVE
August 24th, 2012
- Interviews by a Black Independent hosted by Dr. Lenora Fulani, Harlem, NY. Adam Clayton Powell Jr. State Office Building, 163 W. 125th St., 2nd Flr, 6 pm. LISTEN TO THE PODCAST.
August 22nd, 2012
- Fairness Radio w/ Patrick O’Heffernan and Chuck Morse on Cyberstation USA, 1:15 pm / ET – LISTEN LIVE
August 15th, 2012
- Jim Bohannon, 11:00 pm – midnight / ET. Syndicated. ARCHIVED – LISTEN HERE (Select August 15th, advance to 43:00 minutes into the program)
August 14th, 2012
- KYW 1060 am, Philadelphia, PA (taped – air date TBD)
August 13th, 2012
- KARV 610 am, Little Rock, AR (taped – to air on morning show 8/14)
- Live at Noon w/ Lori & Chris, 2:15 – 2:25 pm / ET – LISTEN LIVE (www.americasradionewsnetwork.com) – America’s Radio News Network
August 10th, 2012
- Fox & Friends, 7:15 am
August 9th, 2012
- Smart Talk Mornings w/ Elisa and Mark, 11:05-11:20 am / ET – LISTEN LIVE – KVI 570 am Seattle, WA.
- WHAM 1180, Rochester, NY (taped – to air Friday 8/10 at 6:08 am and 7:38 am)
- KXL 101 fm, Portland, OR (taped – to air within a week of taping on Portland’s Morning News program w/ Steve Leader)
August 8th, 2012 – Book launch party, NYC
Taking the Partisan out of Politics, sponsored by the Morrison Institute, Phoenix, AZ (10/16/12)
Interviews by a Black Independent, hosted by Dr. Lenora Fulani, Harlem, NY (8/24/12)
The Parties vs. The People, w/ former Congressman Mickey Edwards and host Cathy L. Stewart, Politics for the People, Baruch College, (4/27/12)
Independent Minded: The Inner Workings of Outsider Politics, Sponsored by The East Side Institute, New York, NY (12/2/11)
Is there a “Quick Fix” for Partisanship? IndependentVoting.org national conference call. (2/8/12)
Independents go to Washington: Our case for Congressional Hearings gets a Hearing. IndependentVoting.org national conference call (12/5/11)
Why Independents Won’t Give up our Independence: A Message to the Parties, to Congress and to the President. IndependentVoting.org national conference call (9/27/11)
Was Aristotle an Independent? IndependentVoting.org national conference call (8/25/11)
The Battle Behind the Budget Battle: What Independents Need to Know? IndependentVoting.org national conference call (5/10/11)
Can Independents Reform America? National Conference of Independents, Skirball Center for the Performing Arts, New York, NY(2/18/11)
What Independents Need to be Talking About. IndependentVoting.org national conference call (1/8/11)
Anti-Corruption Awards, Sponsored by the Independence Party of New York City, NY, NY (12/2010)
Does Power Sharing in Washington Mean that the People will Have more Power? IndependentVoting.org national conference call (12/6/10)
What do Independents Have to Say to Obama? IndependentVoting.org national conference call (10/12/10)
Performing Performing the World, Plenary Session, Brooklyn, NY (10/3/10)
Open Primaries, No Labels Conference Call (8/30/10)
If Independents Hold the Key, What door do we Want to Unlock? IndependentVoting.org national conference call (8/17/10)
How Independents Define Political Reform: What MoveOn.org and the Tea Parties Won’t Tell you About American Politics. IndependentVoting.org national conference call (6/15/10)
Independence Party of New York City, Spring Chairman’s Reception, New York, NY (6/7/10)
Inching Closer to Washington: an Independent Conversation. IndependentVoting.org national conference call (5/2/10)
The Parties, The People and The Press: Independents in the Mix. IndependentVoting.org national conference call (3/21/10)
How the Independent Movement Went Left by Going Right, National Conference of Independents. John Jay College, NY, NY (1/2009)
Interviews by a Black Independent, Harlem, New York (1/14/10)
New Yorkers Rally for True Independence, First AME Church, Harlem, New York (6/4/09)
Let the People Decide, First AME Church, Harlem, New York (10/30/08)